Sync Accounting, Chartered Professional Accountants is a public accounting firm located in beautiful Revelstoke, BC. We specialize in providing full-cycle bookkeeping, accounting and taxation services to individuals and owner/managed businesses. To streamline services, we like to use QuickBooks Online as our main bookkeeping application and leverage other tools to make our client’s lives as simple as possible.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial statements;
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, GST/HST returns etc.);
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Partners;
- Preparing payroll and related filings;
- Providing assistance and support to clients on bookkeeping and/or software issues; and
- Develop and maintain meaningful working relationships with clients.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual who has:
Successful completion of the Common Final Evaluation (CFE), at a minimum holding a status of CPA-in-waiting;
- 3+ years of public accounting experience;
- Sound knowledge of accounting principals, income tax, payroll and GST/PST;
- Previous experience with Caseware, Taxcycle, Quickbooks Online, Word and Excel;
- Strong computer, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines;
- Have a desire to provide outstanding client service and commitment to teamwork;
- Good verbal and written communication in English;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters; and
- Highly motivated, self-started with demonstrated independence and initiative.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week.
Pay: $25-30/hour depending on experience with a $1,500 health and wellness spending benefit.
This position is a long-term part-time position with the possibility of becoming full-time. Our office hours are 9 am to 5 pm, closed from 12 to 1pm.
This role will be in-person at our office in Revelstoke, BC and you must already be legally able to work in Canada.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest!